Exercise Importance, precursor to Healthy Living
Exercise and Healthy You
Table of Contents
- 1 Exercise and Healthy You
- 2 Exercise Importance, precursor to Healthy Living
- 2.1 Benefits of Exercise
- 2.2 Mental Benefits
- 2.3 Here we have been able to select the Top 10 best sellers of all time in Aerobic Exercise machines to meet your need;
- 2.4 1. Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse
- 2.5 2. Marcy ME 709 Recumbent Exercise Bike
- 2.6 3. Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike
- 2.7 4. Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer
- 2.8 5. Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
- 2.9 6. Confidence Fitness Slim Full Body Vibration Platform Fitness Machine, Black
- 2.10 7. Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5
- 2.11 8. Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine
- 2.12 9. Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Upright Exercise Bike
- 2.13 10. Sunny Health & Fitness Twister Stepper with Handle Bar
In history, Exercise Importance, precursor to healthy living cannot be overemphasized. A large number of the world’s population have been more unhealthy, obese and weak.
This is especially true of developed and developing countries. Mankind was not made to live a sedentary life.
When compared on a basis of health, those in rural areas are healthier than those in urban areas. Some 30 to 50 years back, a lot of people worked in factories and farms, men especially.
They were healthier than people of this time, because they lived all their active lives exercising.
Only the rich could afford cars then also, so most people walked or used the public transport system.
Due to the advent of technology, a lot of the jobs humans do before are now done by robots.
That leaves the sedentary jobs for us. People sit all day in front of screens (computer and TV); this is a very unhealthy lifestyle.
This is where exercising comes in, since most jobs are sedentary, it is high time we took deliberate exercising seriously.
No one is asking you to be super model trim. Not everyone can achieve that, especially based on our different body types (endomorphs, ectomorphs and mesomorph).
But everyone can avoid obesity, and everyone can improve their chance at staying healthy and stronger for longer.
This is not an attempt at teaching men how to have six packs or the lady how to be Jolie trim.
Rather it is an attempt at telling you all the wonderful things exercises can do for your physical and even mental health.
If staying healthy for longer is important to you, then you should continue reading……..
Exercise Importance, precursor to Healthy Living
Benefits of Exercise
Physical Benefits of Exercise:
- Benefits of Exercise – Exercise helps in weight loss; exercising helps to burn excess calories in the body, which has been stored up as fat. Regular exercise also helps to increase the body’s metabolism, which in turn helps to burn fat. So if you are looking to lose weight, exercise is a better way than starving. The more intense the physical activity, the more effective it is. For example, sprinting exercises are more intense than slow jogging which most people are used to. A good running routine, will be sprinting for 100m, then walking back to the starting point, and then sprinting again. This activity done for 12 minutes will provide way more burn than jogging for 30 minutes. Quality is better than quantity. The most effective exercise combination though for weights lose is a combination of running and weight training
- Helps combat disease: a lot of the disease people suffer from today are as a result of sedentary lifestyles. Consistent exercise can help prevent/manage a whole lot of disease. Such as high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, diabetes and a number of other body ailments, especially those related to obesity. Being active improves high density lipoprotein (HDL) or good cholesterol, and helps decrease unhealthy cholesterol.
- Exercise helps one age well: fat has a way of making one appear older. It also puts extra pressure on the joints. Exercise has been known to increase bone density thereby preventing osteoporosis (weak bones). The shedding of fat relieves pressures on the joints, which helps prevent arthritis.
- Improves mobility/flexibility: exercises are great; this fact cannot be over emphasized. Exercises like Yoga and Pilates are great for everyone. This is especially for those who have some kind of neck pain/back pain. Exercises which require the body to stretch are useful for the body. Exercises which require you to stretch are very useful for the body. Not only do they help provide relief for sore muscles, they also help in realigning misaligned bones. Bad posture misaligns the bones and causes pains in the back. Stretch exercises have been known to ameliorate the pains and also aid in postural correction.
Exercises release feel good chemicals in the brain like Dopamine, endorphins and a host of other feel good chemicals. Not only does this chemical make a person feel good, it also reduces stress levels in the body.
Consistent exercises free you of those unwanted pounds. Giving you more energy and vitality, making you feel more attractive to others and boosting your confidence and self esteem to the stratosphere.
Exercises like Yoga which focuses on breathing are also great for the mind.
They increase your awareness, which increases mental clarity.
This in turn increases concentration and helps your brain to function at optimal capacities
Types of exercises
There are three category of exercises namely, strength training, aerobics and stretch exercises
- Strength training; these basically consists of majorly weight exercises. These exercises make you stronger and produce muscle gains, while reducing fats at the same time. Free weights like Barbells, dumbbells and kettle bells are mostly used. Press ups, chin-ups, planks, squats, pull ups are also included. Both men and women can do these exercises. And contrary to popular opinion, weight training, doesn’t make women look manly. Testosterone, which is responsible for the muscular look in men that workout, is just very little in women. Women who get muscular take muscle enhancing supplements and work out heavily, as heavily as male body builders
- Aerobics; these include exercises that make your heart beat much faster. Walking, running, cycling, swimming, even dancing, all these are aerobic exercises. Aerobics are also very important, as important as weight lifting, and should be included in your exercise repertoire. All you need for running is a pair of sneakers, comfortable clothing and space to run. You can also run on the tread mill
- Stretch exercises; Yoga, Pilates, Tai-chi, all these are great exercises for the body. They tone the muscles, realign the bones and help ease sore muscles
There are vast array of Aerobic Exercise machines that can be used at the Gym and at home. It is definitely worthwhile getting one, to be used at the comfort of our homes to achieve desired workouts.
Here we have been able to select the Top 10 best sellers of all time in Aerobic Exercise machines to meet your need;
1. Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse
2. Marcy ME 709 Recumbent Exercise Bike
3. Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike
4. Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer
5. Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
6. Confidence Fitness Slim Full Body Vibration Platform Fitness Machine, Black
7. Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5
8. Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine
9. Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Upright Exercise Bike
10. Sunny Health & Fitness Twister Stepper with Handle Bar
Categorised in: Exercises