Best Butt Exercises, toning up butt and toning down butt
Here we are with the Best Butt Exercises, toning up butt and toning down butt. Butt, derriere, backside or glutes, this part of the body is known by many names. But one thing we all agree on is that it is a part of the body most men find attractive on women. Big firm butts are considered attractive on women.
Best Butt Exercises, toning up butt and toning down butt
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Butt Exercises, toning up butt and toning down butt
- 2 Top 10 Exercises to tone down Your Butt
- 3 Top 10 Exercises to Help lift Up Your Butt
- 4 Among the best sellers to achieve full cardio workouts are:
- 4.1 1. Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse
- 4.2 2. Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
- 4.3 3. Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
- 4.4 4. Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike with Pulse
- 4.5 5. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7603 Motorized Treadmill, Grey
In this article, we will be explaining to you some of the best exercises to make your butts look better.
Before we delve into the butt moves, it is important we make something clear. Some ladies see someone else’s backside and say I want a tush like that. It is almost impossible to have one like another’s. No two backsides are exactly alike; the only chance for likeness will be if they are genetically related.
Genetics and race determines up to 70% what your backside looks like. And for those blessed with good looking backside, age also takes its toll.
With exercises though, you can get the best looking gluteus maximus, your genes will allow.
So if you are Caucasian and you want to get that nice Latino butt, I don’t see how. But you can get a nice looking Caucasian butt. So it may not look Nicki Minaj’s, but it will definitely look nice.
To get a nice looking bum, you need to gain muscle, and then lose weight or gain some depending on your bum needs.
Top 10 Exercises to tone down Your Butt
- Squats: You have probably seen this move done so many times. Well it is the king them all. Stand with your legs shoulder width apart and your hands stretched out, and then go down, with your back straight. Stop at the point where your thighs are parallel with the floor and hold that position for 30 seconds. Come back up slowly, until you are standing upright, that’s one set, do 5 sets. To make it faster, do weighted squats. Use a barbell on your shoulder or a set of dumbbells. This will even work your backside harder and you’ll get results faster
- Side squats: this is a variation of the squat. The beauty of this move is that, it is great for those who have knee issues. Stand with legs shoulder width apart, squat down, when you get down to the lowest point, take a big step to the left and hold for 5 seconds or more if you can. Take your left leg back and repeat with the right leg, that’s one rep. Do twenty reps
- Bridge: there are more than one variations of this exercise. Lie on your back, facing the ceiling. Bend your knees and place your palms face down on the floor. Raise your hips about 5 inches of the floor, while squeezing your stomach and butt muscles. While maintaining this position, raise your right leg, while squeezing your left glutes, hold for 5 seconds. Then alternate with the second leg, do twenty one times
- Clam Dig: lie down on one side of your body, with your head on your arm. With your knees bent. Grab a light dumb bell on your right arm, assuming you are lying on your left side. Raise your right arm with the dumbbell and your right leg to the ceiling. Hold four ten seconds while squeezing the muscle in your right leg. Do this 8 times and repeat for the other side of the body
- Plie: stand with your legs slightly wider than shoulder width apart and your arms in front of you. Squat down until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Come back up; now squat down again, as far as you can go without your knees extending past your toes. Make sure your upper body is straight throughout this exercise. Hold this position for twenty seconds while squeezing your glutes. Do five sets
- Single leg front Raises: stand with your legs shoulder width apart, holding light dumbbells in both hands. Raise your right leg few inches off the floor, until your right thigh is parallel to the floor. Stretch out both arms in front of you. Raise one arm up, still weighted with the dumbbell, count one to five and alternate the arms. Do five times for each arm, then alternate legs and do the same
- Side lifts: lie on your side, supporting your head with your palm as your arm rests on its elbow and your legs together. Your other hand placed on the ground palm first, as a form of support. Now raise your two legs together, while squeezing your glutes. Do these slowly, hold for five seconds at the upper position
- Warrior 1: stand upright, with arms at your hips. Now take one leg backward until the thighs of your front legs are parallel with the floor. Make sure the back leg is fully stretched, and your back foot is pointing outward for balance. Now raise your two hands above your head and put your palms together. Hold this position for thirty seconds, then alternate your legs and repeat again for thirty seconds
- Toe taps: lie face up on the floor, and bend your legs so that both your knees are pointing at the ceiling. And the lower part of your legs from the knee down is parallel to the floor. Now slowly tap your toes to the floor, alternate between the two legs, do this for one minute
Top 10 Exercises to Help lift Up Your Butt
If you want a gravity defying butt, then practice these moves, at least 3 times a week. Bear in mind that you have add some form of cardio, like running or stairs climbing to cut down fat on your body.
- Cardio: this includes brisk walking, running or stairs climbing. These moves are important especially for a butt lift. Fat makes the body sag, one of the place fat stores for the woman is in her thighs and butt. So to have that tush you have always dreamed of you have to lose weight. Weight cannot be lost in one part of the body independently of others. Do your strength training and cardio to burn fat, and then add these moves to lift your butt. Apart from helping to lose weight, running and cycling are great exercises for lifting the bum. The bum is made up of muscle and fat, so any exercise that builds up the glutes while burning fat is good
Apart from the fact that you can achieve some of your cardio exercises on your own, you can also get full cardio exercise done with the aid of exercise machine/equipment without having to go to the gym.
Among the best sellers to achieve full cardio workouts are:
1. Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse
2. Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
3. Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
4. Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike with Pulse
5. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7603 Motorized Treadmill, Grey
- Pelvic tilts: lie on your back, with your leg resting your heels and your knees pointing up. With your hands on the ground as support, lift your hips slowly of the ground, while squeezing your glutes in the process. Hold this position for 5 seconds. Repeat 10 times
- Step Ups: with a set of challenging dumbbells, place your foot on top of a step, bench, or any other raised platform. Now come up with up back foot, let it touch the beginning of the step. Bring the back foot down slowly until it touches the ground again. Do 12 reps and repeat for the next leg
- Straight –Leg Deadlifts: stand up straight, with your feet shoulder width apart and a dumbbell in each hand. Make sure your palms are facing towards your legs. Bend forward at your hips and slowly lower the dumbbells in front of you, until the weights almost touch the floor. Keep your back straight throughout the exercise. Then, while squeezing your glutes, raise your upper body and weight to the starting position. Repeat 12 times
- Dumbbell lunges: stand with your feet together, toes pointed straight forward and a dumbbell in each hand. Keep your shoulders squared, your chin up, and back straight. Step forward with your right foot. Bend at your knees, and lower your hips until your left knee is just a few inches off the floor. Push with the right leg, raising yourself back up to the starting point. Repeat 10 times, and then do for the other leg
- Single Leg jumps: stand on one leg, with your knees lightly bent and your hips backward. Now push off that same leg and jump as high as you can, landing lightly on the same foot. Land softly with your knee bent to cushion the effect of the jump. Make sure your knee doesn’t go too far beyond your toes. Repeat ten times and do the same for the other leg
- Hip Thrust: this move is not very popular in the gym. But your bum will thank you for it later. Grab a challenging barbell and place it across your hip as you sit on the floor, with your feet on the floor. Rest your upper back against a bench. Now push with your feet against the floor as you raise your hips as far as possible. Go slowly back down that’s one rep. If you can do more than 12 reps, increase the weight
- Surrenders: this move can be done without weight, with a dumbbell or with a barbell. Though barbells will be more preferable. Stand with your legs a bit apart, with dumbbell at shoulder height or barbells resting on your shoulders. Take a step back going down on one knee, and then bring back down the next knee. Coming to a full kneeling position. Come back up one leg at a time. That‘s one rep, do ten reps, five times. Make sure your back is kept straight and your core engaged throughout the exercise
- Single leg hamstring curl: lie on your back with one leg on a Swiss ball. Now lift your hip bending your knee in the process. As you do this make sure your leg is placed firmly on the ball so that it moves towards you. All this while you other leg should be should be close to your chest. Keep your hands firmly planted on the ground for balance. Do ten reps and then alternate to the other leg and repeat the same process
- Lateral band steps: wear a resistance band above the knee. Squat down for until your knees are parallel with the floor. Take a step to the right, with your right leg. And then step in with the left foot. And step back with your right leg. Continue this side to side movement while in a deep squat. Do ten reps
With these moves, you’ll not need to wear padded jeans, or some special under wear. You’ll won’t need some special surgery or to take pills.
And if these exercises are followed religiously, you’ll also be healthier. This is a case of using one stone to kill two birds
Categorised in: Exercises